Monday, September 02, 2013

Dye Your Hair Purple with Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL Ultra Brights Purple Punk











Below: A before. Dark roots showing through my blonde and ginge.


I began with some cheap hair dye/bleach from B&M Bargains. (Mellor & Russel Colour Inspirations Plus in Extra Light Blonde).

So, left that on for about 40 mins. Was just get
ting my roots fixed.


I squeezed out the tube of Schwarzkopf Purple Punk into a plastic bowl and added some conditioner to thin it out a bit. It is very thick otherwise.








Here are some views of it on my head.


Next step was to cover it up to stop it drying out. I went for a swimming cap because I'm going to be sleeping in this. The Ultra Brights are semi-permanent dyes with no ammonia so no chemical reactions are taking place, just staining. You can also try this with Manic-panic dyes and La Riche Directions.

Added a bobble had to keep it in place all night.

So here's how it turned out after I showered it off in the morning after leaving it for 10 hours as I slept. Below: Camera Flash
Below: No Camera Flash

There's a blue-er bit at the from where I tried the dye with no conditioner. I think it looks neat anyway. Will update this with fade-results.





4 comments:

NekoNyan said...

ooo what a nice color i luvvv ur hair u look so pretty! i got jealous of u and thought about buyin the same hair dye but im wonderin how long does it lasts??

Unknown said...

hi there I do the same thing except I use dry shampoo between colourings to help it last longer

Lizette said...

Im not sure how old this post is, but how did the dye hold? Did it wash out quickly or did it actually last a bit? Wanna try this color myself!

Unknown said...

Same question...?